- About Us
- Curriculum Overview
Curriculum Intent Statement - GEOGRAPHY
At St Philip’s, we aim to inspire our children to develop a natural curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Through our Geography topics, children will:
- gain an understanding of a range of cultures and communities, exploring similarities and differences;
- begin to form an appreciation for people and places that may be in contrast to their own life experience;
- learn about natural and human environments;
- develop a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes, and the interaction between them;
- learn about the formation and use of landscapes and environments.
Using a range of resources (such as maps and data loggers) we organise practical field trips in our local area, whilst also deepening their understanding of current global issues, for example, climate change.
Pupils will have opportunities to develop their geographical knowledge, understanding and skills so that they are able to give informed explanations about how the Earth’s features are shaped, interconnected and change over time.